First of all, I would like to say that I have read enough! I have read the complaints about VMF and I would like to give a "neutral" opinion.

Many of you are saying that you are mad that they resort to calling your neighbors and family members when trying to collect payments. Don't you think you could avoid that situation by simply making your payments? If not, couldn't you work out some sort of an arrangement and actually follow through with the arrangement you make? I can bet that these collection representatives have to hunt you down just to get you on the phone. I can also bet that many of you have made bogus arrangements and therefore the collections representatives don't trust you and aren't willing to work with you!

This brings me to my next point...what exactly do you expect from a mortgage company? Many of you state that you want them to work w/ you, but are you willing to work with them? I am sure that there is only so much they can do for you...! Also, remember, they are employees and they do have to answer to their supervisors.

In addition...who is the one that is on the contract? If you sign a loan document, it does make you legally responsible for paying the payments in a timely manner. I can't believe that some of you actually think that it is not a big deal to be behind 3 or more payments with your mortgage company! Is that fair to those of us that actually make the payments on time? Not to mention...legally you are in default after being 30 days delinquent, and that is the beginning of foreclosure!

Also, I read a complaint about being served papers for foreclosure on a home that belonged to someone's deceased parent. Legally, they have to notify any and all possible heirs to the estate if the person didn't name an Executor of Estate before dying. If I were you I would be glad!

Lastly, I read some complaints about a lender placed policy for insurance. If a mortgage company doesn't have proof that you have insurance on the home, they have no choice but to insure it themselves. It is your fault that you didn't provide proof of insurance in the first place. The people that are "repaying" the lender placed policy after they provide the company with their own proof of insurance are people that have what is called a "lapse" and they would be responsible for paying for the time that the mortgage company provided the insurance. For example...if your insurance expired in December and was cancelled due to non payment of premiums, the lender would start their own policy in January. Let's say that you got insurance again in March and provided them with proof of coverage, you would still be legally responsible for January and February premiums for the lender placed policy. Make sense?

If I were you, I would be happy that they agreed to finance you with the poor payment history that I have read about on this site!

Review about: Vanderbilt Mortgage Loan.

Had an Experience with Vanderbilt Mortgage?

Comments

Crashx8570
Kingston, Tennessee, United States #1227570

I have a couple of questions for those of u that say "why can't u just pay your payment like you are suppose to?Here's my answer on that, first of all the home I live in was financed only to my mother.

They at first refused my payments. Sending them back to me. Their excuse? In fine print on the back of the loan agreement it says "should the buyer die, we, VMF, have the right to foreclose." Second I tried to work something out with then, but when they sent the agreement, it was in my mother's name.

With me being the only living heir, but not on the mortgage loan, my mother left no will appointing no executor to her estate. Ok with it being in my mother's name only and her being deceased, how am I legal to sign the agreement? If I sign my name it's void, because I am not on the loan and second, if I forged my mother's name could I not be charged and convicted of forgery? Also with the agreement, they said to send $2400 along with the signed agreement.

Had I sent the money, and signed my name to the agreement, not only would the agreement be void but I would have been screwed outta $2400, they would foreclose anyway. Had I sent then the $2400 and forged my late mother's name, not only would I be screwed out of the money, but they could file criminal charges against me for forgery. I am between a rock and a hard place.

Either way they keep the $2400, foreclose anyway all the while pressing charges against me for felony forgery.So honestly ask...

Crashx8570
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States #1218473

First off I can agree on some of what lista27 said.but there is NO excuse for rudeness.

you get more bees with honey than vinegar. I'm sure some people have taken advantage of situations to get out of paying on their mortgages, but most people are honest when it comes to hardships and do need the extra help because they want to keep their home and a good credit score.

as for the part about a deceased parent, i'm one of those people and want to keep the home my mother and i had, but because i am not on the loan they will not work with me nor will they except any money from me on it.My mother did not leave a will or an executor to her estate, but i'm her only living heir.

Vanderbilt put a policy on my home when I sign the contract in 2000 I finance everything in my loan for them to pay my premium and I just found out that they let my policy lapse which they broke the contract and I have retain a lawyer to fight them and the bank for allowing it under fraud

well lista27...i do believe you need to read the posts again,,, hardships hit people even those that work for vmf...

:).. they did call and make arrangements in which vmf wanted nothing to do with...seeings how they pride themselves in the public by refurbishing forclosed mobil homes and reselling them to unsuspecting people that are eager to own a home..only to fall victim to the same RIP OFF game vanderbilt plays...VMF WILL CRASH DOWN WITH ALL THE PEOPLE THEY ARE RIPPING OFF AND STEALING HOMES FROM..BECAUSE WE ARE TAKING ACTION AGINST THEM AND WE WONT STOP TILL THEY FALL AND REPAY ALL THE PEOPLE BACK WHAT THEY OWE THEM.. So lista27...do you have a backup plan to cover all your bills when hardship falls on you..hmmm maybe you dont but if you do..

how long do you thing you will be able to survive without a job..Thanks vanderbilt for making Americas economy crash faster then what it is already..

Yes, They are very very very very RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It isnt fair
#519664

Lista should kiss all of our *** , May GOD be as merciful as you are ,you cold hearted b#@#h. Unless you are in a persons shoes and lived their life dont be so fast to judge. May Karma hit you where he split you.

For those of you who have commented "just pay your bill", you must have some ties with Vanderbilt.I have always paid my bill and maybe twice went past the late date in 15 yrs.

This company calls and harasses constantly. Every mortgage and insurance company has a "grace period" between when it is due and when it is late. Vanderbilt does not understand this process. I even asked them if I had ever missed a monthly payment or been late several times and the answer was NO.

But they continue to call and harass, almost costing me my job.

So there are no excuses for Vanderbilt!!!!!!!They are just a joke of a company that has very rude employees and want to harass people.

jdakin30

IT SOUNDS LIKE LISTA27 MIGHT BE A VANDERBILT EMPLOYEE.....

I have read and agree with every complaint concerning Vanderbilt. On a scale of 1-10 for customer service I would rate them a -12. Where is the help for people in this type of situation.

:( :cry :upset :sigh :x I too am with vanderbilt and i understand about wanting there money,payments whatever.Last year i talked to my loan officer and made arrangements to get caught up , she was highly rude to me and told me to borrow the $$$$ or to get a better job!That pissed me off to no end , My husband works daytime and we have 3 kids , I have 2 jobs and that does not include being a mother either.Im a nurses aid and both jobs pay very well in my eyes,($10.00 & $15.00) it looks all good on paper but with taxes,bills,everyday life!

etc. we are still in the class of middle class .

they harrass us too!im just wondering if any broker,lender,bank will buy my loan.