My dad and stepmom bought a home and Vanderbilt Mortgage is their mortgage company. Since my dad got the house he has always made his payments, lately my mom has been very very very sick and my dad is working overtime to make extra money because of medical bills.

With my dad being so busy he sometimes forgets to drop off the Mortgage payment so sometimes he pays it 1 or 2 days late. But he always pays it!! My dad and mom have told Vanderbilt over 100 times that my mom is sick and she is home all day and my dad is at work until 5pm at least every night so dad and mom both told them over 100 times do not call until after 5 pm because my mom can't handle the harassing and she has nothing to do with them because she is not on the account. It has gotten so bad that my mom has been crying all the time because they call and threaten her all the time.

She is not on the paperwork so they should not talk to her about it anyways but they keep calling her, and sometimes it's over 30 times a day when they know dad is at work and that they have been told to call his work if it's before 5pm.

What can I do to stop them from harassing and threatening and making her literally going crazy???? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME MAKE IT STOP, THE STRESS OF IT ALL COULD KILL MY MOM!!!!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 09, 2011.

Comments

Send them a copy of the following letter I found on Clark Howard's website.

DATE

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been contacted by your company about a debt you allege I owe. I am instructing you not to contact me further in connection with this debt. Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, a federal law, you may not contact me further once I have notified you not to do so.

Sincerely,

NAME

Account #

I just sent them one today . . . hope it works for you, too.

To all the people just saying pay. We do pay, sometimes it is late but has never gone over 30 days.

One time my husband was in the hospital and they wanted to know what I spent my money on while he was in the hospital.

That him being in the hospital was no excuse, which if you want to be ugly about it is true, but it was going to get paid and did. There is no reason for this company to talk to people the way they do.

@Dave or anyone else who doesn't believe it. I, too, was once a customer of Vanderbilt, and yes they will harass you if the payment is not there by 8:00 am on the 1st of the month.

That was our due date when we had them. I would tell these people to wait until their mail had arrived today and I'm sure the check will be there. They would respond by saying "Put a stop payment on that check and give me a check over the phone right now." To which my response would be, "only if you plan on paying the $20 bank fee for stop payment." To which they would reply, of course not and you are in default and we can reposses and start their threats, etc, etc. To which I would reply "Again, call me after you've checked today's mail!" Then I would hang up, and guess what, they would call back over and over again on that same day.

It's like a game to these people they have in their collections department. These individuals are either trained to be real jerks, or they are just sick individuals acting on their own behalf. That part I could never figure out. Either way, we would NEVER EVER EVER have anything to do with Vanderbilt EVER EVER EVER AGAIN.

And anyone who would ever asks us about them ....I would STRONGLY caution them to RUN SCREAMING IN THE OTHER DIRECTION. Plain and simple this company is DIRT!!!

Actually, that's putting it mildly. Trash is even too kind of a word for this company.

Having a hard time believing they call that much for payments 1 or 2 days late.

to Dave Los Angeles, California, United States #1034822

Dave, it's

really true as i have an actual letter from them stating that I am 1 day late and in default. This company is the worst!

If you have AT&T, you can get what they call anonymous call blocking and put a stop to that. Like most collection companies, the phone numbers will show with all zeros, with anonymous call blocking, you will never hear the phone ring, it will automatically be blocked. Problem solved for your mom.

By law, you CAN stop it. All you have to do is tell them ONE time NOT TO CALL again only contact by mail. If they continue to call you can file harassment charges against them...that is law!!

Get caller ID? There's really nothing you can do. You are late on payments so they are allowed to harass you as much as they want.

Pay for your home if you want to live in it.

#371953

Get her an answering machine and tell her not to answer the phone or change the phone number. They will call forever and you can't stop it, sorry.