I have paid my mobile home mortgage for 11 yrs.never missed a payment.

My insurance lapsed for 3 months and I was not aware of it and they paid for a total of $198.00 now they are saying I am behind in my mortgage. I paid some of the 198.00 so now they have increased it to 265.00. Now they call about 6 times a week saying we are behind in our mortgage. They also turned us over to a collection agency.

They suck as a mortgage company.

They also do not refinance.Go figure this.

Comments

Dear Brian...Are you posting confidential information of one of your customers \"private\" information on the internet.

I hope she has a copy for court. I am not sure about Tennessee but, in most states your actions with Vanderbilt by law, you can be held personalty liable, can you afford a layer.. If you do this on your own you are liable.. I Know Who you are.

maybe the Attorney General will get a copy of this. PS: Albert Einstein Could not spell his way out of a box, he was dyslexic, spelling is not a good test for intellect. Believing your not liable for doing what your work ask you is. Just because they say you can, does not make it legal.

Hmm why would you even post on this site, that is a statement of character in my book. I can see your intellect in this. 10. Written by brian on October 25, 2010 From Chattanooga, Tennessee, USFor beverly, what do you expect.

If your mortgage is due than pay, the payment is due every month no matter what. It is her reponsebility to make sure she was prepared for that situation. By december she will be 3 months past due and in foreclosure. By january will be over 4 MONTHS PAST DUE!!!

That is 120+ days past due on credit also. She signed a contract to pay every month and if she does not then yes by law they can foreclose. She should have saved up knowing would be out. How is she paying utlities, food, and other expenses then.

This is her home and should of have been top priority!! What do you want them to do, say its ok not to pay for 4 months?? How is that fair to anybody else who works hard and pays their bills.

Even if she goes back in January is she going to be able to pay 4 months mortgage plus and att fees to bring out of foreclosure.Once goes that far it would have to be paid totally current to stop it and they may be that time also issue notice of accerleration per the contract which she would have to pay in full to stop foreclosure!!

Vanderbilt Mortgages/Clayton Homes.. Is a buy here pay here organization.. They have two products, Mobile Homes and loans, The big money is to resale a Home over and over, objective is to Sale you a home, Reposes it Resale it for what ever, get a judgment on you if undersold (maybe any or all of your collateral or assets), a profit on a new loan, (Points, etc,) salesman Commission, and payment for all there logistical expenses, They would love to keep all there people busy doing everything it takes to do what they do..

There biggest Return on there capital investment is to not have all there money tied up in home loans, The harassment and games is intentional, to get you to give up, give it back to them, refinance, What ever it takes to move the money.

The service rep's will cross the line lie play with your payments (bad accounting)etc, etc, To get you in a real mess. Then when they have you at the end of your rope, they send you to there legal Department, If they see that a judge will rule in there favor the will foreclose, If they think The judge will rule on your side, they will make you a deal and send you back to the service reps to beat you up some more.

My advice is to find another bank..

If you can't, save everything and keep a diary all dates called things said by whom and when etc, etc. Have record of your payments, Reference # etc. if you pay electronically call them and confirm the payment. if you are behind send them anything you can ever month make even if it is $1 I don't care what they say send it and make notes, send it electronically call them with the reference #.

Don't ever tell them you can do something you can't, this is a trap they do to make you look like your are lying to them, The bottom line is what a judge will say if you history looks like you are trying he will help you. if they can make you look like a fool the judge will give them everything. It goes both ways. if they refuse your payments lose your payments put them in the wrong accounts etc. etc. the judge will see your dealing with what they are and help you out.. The law is the law the bottom line is what can legally be done.. The Government has billions of dollars to deal with this kind of banking practices. If you do the right stuff with dealing with them they will be the ones afraid to take you to court.

Remember you are buying your home you do need to pay for it, the law works for the ones that have the best documentation. For what ever reason you get behind, if you play your cards right going to court could be good way to litigate a better payment plan or solution to your problems, the judge can rewrite your loan.

All I will say is when I get this Vanderbilt mortgage paid off I will never go though them for anything, I have set up payment arrangement's paid the amount and on time when I was to, and had them Refused my payments, not telling me they refused two of them, then harassing me and threatening me with for-closer for none payment,(money Gram took over 45day to return my money per payment) I told them I had made the payments on time and for the right amount. They acted like I was lying to them (the person I was talking to is the one that refused my payment admitted to it later with some lame excuse..) they have escrow payments in the wrong account as well, then told me I was in default, and harassed me and threaten foreclosure.. the none stop calling is unreal, what is going on, that they are so desperate to call so many times, what do they think, it has all changed in 20 mins, and wow and its OK for then to call my neighbors whom phone numbers I don't even know My family friends work busisness associate's, etc etc. and tell my business, These guys need to send some of your harassing employees back to school, it's unlawful. When they will keep on trying to make you agree to what you cant do.. In the way I see it,if you are trying 100% to work something out with them, they should at least work with you. I have a thermally ill husband, they don't give a ***!!! This is makeing me so sick, if I could fine some other mortgage company to take over my loan I'd do it in a hot min, even when I made a arrangement's with one of there employee's, fulfilled my part of the arrangement's to the "T" then had the service rep (account manager) refused my payments, then when I tried to contact the Legal department rep I made the arrangement's with, the service Rep. refused to let me talk to them!!! What kind of company does this? I was told they would talk to them, excuse me, guess what, This service Representative is doing things that is against the law, I have the right to talk to the person I made the agreement with, do they have no shame !?!

PS I am trying to file a complain with the Tennessee Attorney General consumer affairs. (consumer.affairs@tn.gov)

I have my bank statement of the refused payments and my payment agreement in there letterhead in hand. Will see What will happen if The Attorney General say there guilty, I will find a good layer, an maybe I can get my home for free...lol

My mom and dad have their mobile home mortgage through them and have been repeatedly harrased and threatened to have their home repossessed.Both my parents are on a fixed income and are in their 80's.

Now tell me, how the *** my parents have to make $900/mo payment and their mobile home was bought @ 90,000.00???? I mean come on!!!

This is ridiculous.I am so angry right now!!!!

tlady44

Believe it or not Vanderbilt do have one ANGEL. I found her by mistake and if I tell you after fighting with them since 2007 this ANGEL had me hooked up, fixed up, no hassle, no more calls. Anyone interested in this ANGEL I am tlady44@yahoo.com and I will turn you on to her and maybe she can be your ANGEL as well.

They call me everyday for a pmnt but when i try to pay they wont take credit and now that i have the money transferred the website is down so i cant get on it anyway to make my pmnt. WTF?! I concur with bad mortgage company, i have paid for 8 years and i have recently gone through an extreme financial and personal disaster and they offer no help but to call and rudely harass all day everyday.

#209196

For none of your business, just understand when you give it back and they sell it you will still be responsible for the balance and they will sue to garnish any wages and put a judgment on your credit. With a foreclusre will be almost impossible to get any mortgage for 4 years. Good Luck

#208739

I own a mobile home with vanderbilt and they are woresome.They call every day just to make sure you are going to make your payment.

well I will soon be having bad credit with these *** because they are going to get their *** of a trailer back.

These trailers do not hold their value any ways.Vanderbilt you SUCK!

#206936

Hey bill go back to school and learn to spell!!It is brian not brain!!

Even if i did give my address and number i doubt you would be *** enough to come near here, it would be your last mistake. Also if you wanted to know where i an all you have to do is look up my ip address same as i did for you. Will tell you what city, state and what internet service you have!!

People can not stand it when someone will not put up with their whining and tells them the truth and how it is.I dont beat around the bush and i dont lie, i get straight to the point and tell how the laws are and how it works.

#206111

hey brain sense you work for vanderbilt why don't you grow a set and give us your adress and phone number chicken ***

#204122

For beverly, what do you expect.If your mortgage is due than pay, the payment is due every month no matter what.

It is her reponsebility to make sure she was prepared for that situation. By december she will be 3 months past due and in foreclosure. By january will be over 4 MONTHS PAST DUE!!! That is 120+ days past due on credit also.

She signed a contract to pay every month and if she does not then yes by law they can foreclose. She should have saved up knowing would be out. How is she paying utlities, food, and other expenses then. This is her home and should of have been top priority!!

#202235

My daughter is 7-1/2 months pregnant (a sinle mom).She has been put on bedrest until the baby is born.

Therefore she has NO income. Vanderbilt will do nothing at all to work with her. Right now she is only behind the month of Octobers and they are already threatening "further action". She has a good job and will be back at work the middle of January and they are unwilling to help her in any way.

This is just the start to my war with them.I will not have her lose her home under such a temporary situation!

#195185

You failed to meet the obligation of keeping ins, they put ins on the loan, you must pay it in accordance with the law. Also no they do not refi any mortgage loans. They do not have to and mobile homes are not worth refi.