Update by user Jan 24, 2013

That is not the case with the late charges you are referring too. I pay the late charge with my payment, and I think the balance from the math that I wrote in the above should be way out of line of any late charge payments....

Don't you think???? If so, then they need to be reported for charges excessive late fees.... I don't think you know what you are talking about..

there are more people than I complaining about Vanderbuilt... :?

Original review posted by user Nov 20, 2012

I purchased my home from them in 1998, 15 yr loan. My relationship with Vanderbilt has been a roller coaster.

With 14 months to pay my balance is still $16,777 and payments per month are $538.88 including home owner's insurance... Where is the math in this? They will not explain but say I only owe 14 months and I would have to pay $25.00 to get an Ammorization Schedule, which they should provide. This is not why i am writing, I have been harrassed almost daily to get our loan up to date, I offer payments every Friday, but they say no, I send them anyway, what more do they want...BLOOD, which I should send them, but these days that may not be a good idea, that may come back to *** me in the ***.

Our past due amount is not even a full months payment, I owe $519.00 I offered to pay $400 today and $50 this Friday and $50 next Friday and all would be caught up, when I called them man was beyond rude to me, telling me that I need to go and ask a church for money, I have the money with the next 8 days but they are not willing to accept it??? "What does this mean" I have never heard of a company calling and wanting money for an obligation that you have with them, then offering payment and the company denying it....? What is their logic behind this? They try in every way to rule the conversation and to provoke the customer to argue with them by demeaning you, they get into your personal business that is none of their's and making comments that are totally inapproriate for a collection company or a finance company to ask.

My family doesn't ask these type of questions of me... where and how can they get the power (they think) to act this way with customers of their company, if it were not for these customers, they would not have a job. I know there are some people that just do not pay their bills to companies, however due to medical issues and the renters moving out of the house, we have been in a difficult financial situation. I have not answered a lot of their phone calls, it's been so many in the last 3 months, then they started calling relatives etc.

When they call you and you tell them what you can do, they deny it??? This makes no sense, then they call call call the next day to find out if you have the payment, after telling them the day before that you will pay $200 and the balance by Friday, but they refuse, what are customers suppose to do? They are the largest corporation of bullies I have ever dealt with in my life and I am in my 40's... People who have accounts with Vanderbilt and have encountered issues with Vanderbilt should file a complaint within their local state they reside in...

You need to stand up for your well being and life is not about being threatened, bullied or talked to in a harrassing manner. This company has more complaints than any other in their league!

Stand up for your rights, don't let them push you out of your home! They really cannot do this, they need to back off and follow the legal contract and rules of collecting debts.

Review about: Vanderbilt Mortgage Loan.

Comments

Teresa1968
Thomasville, North Carolina, United States #598403

there are more people than I complaining about Vanderbuilt... :?

Seattle, Washington, United States #598211

once you get behind there is a late fee for each day you are late,(read your contract) so even if you think you made up the payment, if you have not paid the late fees you are still considered behind, anything you pay go to late fees and anything else thay charge you first then anything left is applied to the payment, that is why you owe so many payments.